Wednesday, January 30, 2013

carry me home, carry me home you old sea spray

Posting a couple of oldies here, whilst I get my head around Photoshop and while I tackle (struggle with) my tax returns. It really is the worse job of the year. Made only worse when you leave it until the last minute.

These drawings are both on sale. And, are both on a sale (?). Excuse me for peddling my wares but yes, I'm skint again. It seems being a professional doodler isn't the most lucrative way of making a living. The original, of the drawing above, is on sale at a ridiculously cheap price. One of my gorgeous friends said that this drawing was like 'jewellery flotsam, a tide-line of trinkets' and, you know, that's exactly the effect I was going for. The price has been reduced, by a third, and you can buy it HERE.


The print of this, probably my most famous drawing, is also currently on sale. HALF PRICE! And you can get your mits on it HERE.

The day started so well. Me, and this drawing, are featured in the London Metro today. In a piece about doodling. If you'd like to read it here's THE LINK. To be honest, just being mentioned in the same article as Larry David has made my day, week, year.

Something tells me, though, that today's going to go downhill from here. Right then, *rolls up sleeves* come on you tax returns. Let's be having you.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Your work is incredible! It's creative, exciting, speaks to the viewer, has excellent composition and is so beautifully rendered! I hope everything goes well for you today!

Mariana said...

Love the jewellery flotsam. And what a great article, congratulations! :)

Simon Wright said...

Very rarely do I do the commute into London, but this morning I did and picked up a copy of the Metro. Glad I did as immediately fell in love with your style. Superb. You've made my day / week / year :)

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you, guys.

Why am I so negative? Today turned out to be a good day. Not only did i coplete my tax returns (which is such a weight lifted) but also I sold a lot of work.

Thank you so much, Simon. I'm ost pleased that you made that commute today.

Cheers!

AnneMarie Sharkey said...

I read the article on my way to work. I recognised your pictures before I saw your name. Well done. (Edinburgh to Glasgow train)

Simon Wright said...

My pleasure. Please do let me know if you and when you have any others for sale.

roc said...

Congratulations on the article! Your work is amazing.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, folks.

Hope you have recieved your drawings now Simon? Can I get an email address for you? you can send it via Etsy.

Wow, AnneMarie, it must have made its way from London?

Cheers, all.

AnneMarie Sharkey said...

The article was in our local Metro, so everyone would have seen it :)

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Oh, right, AnneMarie, so it wasn't just in the London Metro then? Thanks x