Wednesday, March 07, 2012

where it always has been

You know those really crappy days when it feels that the whole world is conspiring against you (not that I'm paranoid or anything). You know the type of day; when your life feels like one big joke.

You've spent ages getting ready then you walk out the house and the heavens open on you. Of course, you do not have an umbrella. Just in case you are not soaked enough you step in a puddle (in ballet pumps).

You walk under a ladder. You slip on a discarded banana skin. A bird craps in your already wet hair, the hair that you'd spent thirty minutes straightening (some may say that's lucky, but when it's a big angry goose it's not. And your actually lying on the floor cos you still haven't got up after the banana incident). Stay with me, I'm painting a picture here.

Your knicker elastic snaps as you are walking down the street and they fall down just as a bus full of school kids draws up. Then to top it all, you end up crying on the phone to the tax office cos they've told you what a pathetic mess your life is and then they drain every penny you have out of you.

Okay, so not all of those things actually happened. I'll let you decide which did. 'Cept if you follow me on Twitter then you'll probably know!

Then, then something nice happens that reminds you that it ain't all bad. And, not to give up. Things could be worse. A lot worse.

On the said day, I got this lovely surprise; two bracelets, with my drawings on (!), through my letter box. What a gorgeous, unexpected, gift from Jim at Wristpix, and something I will keep forever. And, most probably draw. Check out how to make your own mini portfolio, that you can wear around your wrist, HERE.

Thanks, Jim. You made my day.

14 comments:

Kaitlyn S. C Hatch said...

Oh my goodness! I want one! That is stunning!

Julie Clay Illustration said...

They look so amazing, what a fantastic treat, it must have made your day! Such a clever idea.

mo said...

oh my gosh, how absolutely cool! you'll be the envy of everyone who sees it on your wrist. what a fab idea, and what a lovely gift. amazing.

Marloes said...

Wow! What a wonderfull surprise!!!! Jim is the best!

MrCachet said...

I really like you work, and you are a constant inspiration to me.

BARBARA WEEKS said...

Sorry about your day-been there-but what a lovely conclusion to it!!

Vicky L. Williamson said...

Forget my sketches . . . I would love to own a bracelet with YOUR sketches like this one! Fabulous art!

Unknown said...

I got one too, from Ingrid in Germany!
Such a wonderful surprice!
Love your bracelet ;) Hugs Annika

Unknown said...

I forgot the link ha,ha ;)
http://www.annikasylte.com/2011/11/look-what-i-got-in-mail-today.html

Unknown said...

Oh my what a disasterous day saved by such a lovely thoughtful gift.

Y Zee said...

wow. they are incredible!

You should definitely think about selling those! Or make them into those little magnets they sell in those gift shops!

Katiejane said...

These are just beautiful. And so practical.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, guys, a very lovely surprise. Plus, on days like that one I still have you folks to make me feel better.

Cheers, my dears.

Shelley said...

Want it