Thursday, April 10, 2008

gypsy dancer

Here is the first entry that I made in my little Japanese Moleskine (well, as much as I could fit on the scanner anyway) for the Moley Exchange project, that you can read about HERE. And, get this; yesterday this little book arrived at France Belleville's place in New Jersey and today Suzanne Buchanan's Moleskine dropped through my letterbox. How fabulous is that?

It's also given me a good excuse to get the camera out, so if you'd like to see this book from every possible angle, then you need to get a life. Only kidding, check out THIS.

(Apologies to Gabi, whose surname I completely and utterly misspelled on the inside cover of my book.)

10 comments:

Pippa said...

If I received that Moley in the post, I'd be afraid to draw in it for fear of ruining the magic you have created. Absolutely marvellous. Great work!x

Teri said...

It looks absolutely fabulous and stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wicked, as usual. can't believe all the detail, incredible.

Emma said...

Sounds like you've got a great bunch of talented artists in your exchange group. I'm sure they will love receiving this, and I agree with Pippa that I'd be afraid to draw next to your wonderful work!

Jennifer Lawson said...

So cool!

Tim Lamb said...

love the ruler across this bottom, this is amazing!

MILLY said...

It is fascinating, what a great project , they are going to be amazing books when they are finished.

Genine said...

holy crap!!! Andrea this is AMAZING!!! I love the photos, maybe more than the scan. They seem so alive. I couldn't imagine have one of you pieces in hand. Truly amazing work!!!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks folks.

I agree, Genine, the photos look so much better than the scan.

Eileen, I'm just hoping that the Royal Mail doesn't lose any along the way. Can you imagine how awful that would be?

Cheers.

Gillian Mowbray said...

This is going to be a fabulous project, something akin to the famous True Colors journals. You should contact Somerset Studio to see if they'd be interested in an article or a dedicated book, once they're finished. (I'm serious)

Beautiful work, Andrea. x